The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Fraternity Party

I think I've officially entered into overdrive. We have literally been so busy lately (which, all in all, is a really good thing!) that I haven't had time to do anything, including updating the blog. Over the weekend, the kids and I bolted for Charlotte since my darling husband hosted "boys weekend" at our house. Yay!! As you might imagine, I was super excited (dripping sarcasm here) to leave the fraternity party unsupervised, but honestly, I decided to take the "out of sight, out of mind" approach. Plus, by me not here to witness said frat party, I think everyone was much better off. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't love these guys, it's just that well, hosting boys weekend holds about as much appeal to me as supervising freshman boys during study hall... and that's a post for another day. So, anyway, the kids and I fled to Charlotte to escape March Madness (the boys spent the weekend attending the final four, Braves game, etc) and hang out with the Charlotte Hinmans'. Of course, my brother-in-law was here in ATL with Steve, so it was Missy, myself and our four darling children, all 3 and under. I know, it's hard to imagine a more peaceful weekend. We made the most of our time together and did the things we love to do when we're together. Drinking and eating! Yup, since the men were out having the time(s) of their lives, we decided that warranted us eating out for every single meal. Good reasoning, right? The kids were very good and the food was fabulous. Missy and I refer to it as our Charlotte "Food Tour". What's not to love about eating out and having someone else clean up the mess? And, by the way, four kids three and under can make one hell of a mess :).

Upon my return to Atlanta, I was happy to find the house still standing and the boys in good spirits. A successful weekend for everyone! I had a chance to catch up with some girlfriends from my teaching days last week. It was so, so, so wonderful to see them all and hear about what they've all been up to. I can't say that I miss teaching, but I do miss my friends and co workers so much.

I've spent this week getting the house cleaned up and trying to get organized. I went on a rampage in the laundry room - stepping on any number of kid-sized shoes, running gear and various assorted other crap makes for a real challenge when attempting to do the laundry. When did we acquire so much junk??? And why, oh why can I only ever find one shoe of a child's pair? Where on earth do they go? It's the most frustrating thing! So, yes, I went a little "clean sweep" in that room and I do have to say it's much improved. I'm not sure Real Simple Magazine would agree with my organization techniques (by the way, I LOVE that magazine - can someone send them to my house?) but everything is off the floor at least.

Steve's parents are in town this weekend and we're looking forward to spending some time with them. Hopefully the rain will wash away the cloud of yellow pollen that is Atlanta right now, holy cow it's gross! Happy weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment