The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Awesomeness

Good news, I found a dress!! I know most of you were anxiously awaiting that announcement, as your very lives depended on it. Kidding, kidding, hopefully you have many, many more important things to occupy your time :) Yes, Banana Republic came through for me, and for under $100, can't argue with that! Oh yes, but there is a catch... (isn't there ALWAYS a catch?!?!). I found said dress online, which means, two things: 1) Of course I haven't tried the damn thing on and 2) I had to use two day shipping (bleeding me dry here, people!). Isn't this what makes life exciting? No, actually, it's just dumb, but we're just going to pray really hard to the dress gods that this fits.

In other news, someone let me loose in DSW today. Who's crazy idea was that? Three pairs of (really fabulous) shoes later, I'm pretty much ready for Friday evening. And, in my defense, one of the pairs of shoes was for Steve, so no hating please. The heels I found to go with my dress are totally over the top, way too high and not comfortable at all. I LOVE them! I cannot wait to rock them on Friday night! I probably won't be able to walk for a week, but it's all in the name of fashion, right? I've still got to work on jewelery, but I'm hoping I have something that may work. I need to see the dress in person to confirm. Sometime this week in my spare time (hahaha) I have to get my nails done. They are a hot mess and that's being kind. Chemo did number on them and I am still paying for it...

Can you believe it's almost the middle of December? I've definitely hit my "oh my gawd I still have so many people to shop for" moment. I really don't mind shopping, but wow, it's so much work! I'm also stressed because I waited until last week to order my Christmas cards and who the hell knows when they'll get here. They might have to be New Years cards! Oh well, it's the thought that counts, right? Christmas cards from friends and family have started arriving in our mailbox and I just love them! It's so much fun to see everyone's kids, pets and holiday wishes. Speaking of pets, mine decided to eat part of a poinsetta the other night. Awesome. Awesome to clean up as well. Maybe he's eating poinsettas because Simon is eating his dog food. Yup, there's a whole lots of awesomeness going on at our house. Why, WHY do kids like dog food (the dry kind, I felt like I should mention that) so much? It has to taste awful, I think it smells like something died. Trust me, I try to keep Simon away from the dog bowl, but he keeps sneaking in there. There's nothing better than a baby with dog food breath, ewwwww!

No comments:

Post a Comment