The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Monday, August 11, 2014

August

Somehow it's the middle of August and my kiddos are headed back to school next week! Which is late, ironically, because the county kids here went back last Monday, the 4th. We're hoping to head to the pool one last time this week, if the weather will cooperate. We've been stuck in this "tropical" weather pattern for a few weeks now, so it's been hot, muggy and stormy. My poor house could sure use a break!

I know I haven't updated much this summer, but I think that's a good thing?!?! There just isn't anything to report from Cancerland (always a positive), I'm feeling great and there's no need for any scans or testing at this time. My volunteering has gone well, but I haven't been able to put in as much time as I'd like, due to the kids being home for the summer. I'm looking forward to those hours picking up this fall.

Steve has stepped up his game and is training for another half ironman. He was really into these before Stella was born. I'm so proud of him for picking it back up and focusing on staying healthy! He has a couple of races in late August/ early September and then the half ironman is at the end of September. He should be more than ready for our bike race at the end of October! Speaking of the Tour de Pink, we'd love to have your support as we raise money for breast cancer research through the YSC. You can check out our team page here. I'm riding my bike when I can...

It's been a great summer and I'm a little sad to see it come to a close. But, I'm also looking forward to fall, my favorite season. Here's to cooler weather, anything pumpkin flavored and college football!

No comments:

Post a Comment