The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Hot Mess

It's been a busy, hectic week. I also managed to get sick over the weekend, which was super convenient and awesome. Steve had a tiny (TINY) cold when we left Ireland. Stella picked it up a few days after we returned but was better within a couple of days. Then, of course, Simon had it - and by that time it had manifested itself into a lovely cough. Luckily, it really didn't seem to phase him. I also (stupidly, mind you) assumed that I was in the clear given that I have been with Steve on our trip and then survived both kids having a cold. Oh no, silly, silly me. I started with a sore throat sometime last week that turned into a runny nose (read: faucet - so annoying). But, I felt okay, so I assumed it was just allergies. Then, on Saturday I sounded like I had smoked 40 packs of cigs, always a lovely sound. FYI, I've never smoked a day in my life, it makes me so sick... Anyway, I felt fine, so I went about my day in my normal 140mph. All well and good until I woke up Sunday feeling like I was going to die. It was ugly people. I was coughing like I had the plague and I just felt generally crappy. I didn't have a fever, but my body was just radiating heat, and still is.

All that to say, I finally dragged myself to the doctor today. I'm happy to inform you that I actually went to a REAL doctor, not a "doc in the box" AKA, CVS Minute Clinic. I really liked her and will be keeping her on my staff ;) Anyway, she diagnosed me with a sinus infection and bronchitis. What?!?!  Who gets bronchitis in the summer time? This girl, apparently. Ugh, it sucks, but she immediately skipped to the good drugs, so I'm already in love with her. I'm happy to be reunited with my old buddy Levaquin, so hopefully I'll kick this junk in the butt and be feeling better ASAP.

I need to be feeling better ASAP because we're heading to the beach tomorrow to celebrate the 4th with the Hinman crew. I need to be on my "A" game. And no, of course I haven't packed yet because I've just been trying to survive the past two days while Steve has worked. It'll all get done, because it has to!! We're looking forward to seeing the family and relaxing on the beach- if the weather cooperates. They're calling for up to 8 inches (yes, I said 8!!) of rain here between Wednesday and Friday. Nothing says Happy Independence Day like flash flooding and severe thunderstorms...

In other news, I scheduled my next reconstructive surgery. I'm going in August 20 which, ironically, is the first day of school for the kids, Yes, I know, horrendous planning on my part, but actually, they just announced the first day of school yesterday for my kiddos and I already had my surgery planned. Never fear, my parents will be here to bail us out of that mess. It's not ideal, but we're going to make it work. I also was remembering that my first surgery was one year ago today. Wow, what a difference a year makes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment